Here is a short guide for all you need to know abouthair transplants -
- What is a hair transplant? - It is a surgical hair treatment which involves removing hair from a part of the body which is resistant to balding and transplanting it to a spot which is in need of hair due to accident, surgery, balding, etc. The latest transplant procedure is not the same as a skin graft where swatches of skin are removed hair and all. Only certain kinds of hair follicles are removed and transplanted to match your natural hair perfectly.
- How much does it cost? - Cost is an important factor when it comes to hair transplant. The cost of the transplant varies based on the total requirement of the number of grafts. The sessions are extremely demanding of patient, surgeon and staff.Advanced Hair Studio offers the service at affordable rates without compromising on the quality the treatment calls for. The treatment is carried out by surgeons with years of experience.
- Can women undergo hair transplant? - It is almost surprising how many women undergo this surgery. Women tend to feel more pressurized to maintain a proper hairline as compared to men. For men, a bald head is a stigma to those who feel inadequate without their hair. And then there are many for whom dropping that kind of money is not going to happen.
- How to find a good surgeon? - Like other things these days, your research for the right hair transplant starts online. The smart way is to start by checking the reviews of the prospective transplant surgeon. Try and read different reviews across different websites for the same surgeon or the clinic. You can also read the patient testimonials. Check to see if the surgeon is board certified. Visit the website and try to verify the qualifications, certifications, years of experience etc. Surgeons with greater experience tend to charge a higher fee but that isn’t a bad thing. The odds of great results are often higher with the well-experienced surgeons.
- What is Strip Harvesting? - Strip Harvesting is a technique where a strip of scalp with the hair is removed and cut into grafts. These grafts are then stitched to the balding area leaving scars which will show unless your hair are long.
- What is FUE? - Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE is harvesting individual hair follicles. These follicles are then reinserted in the balding area. The micro punches are utilised for the extraction and micro blade for insertion. FUE is less painful, no stitches and has a shorter recovery period. Sometimes. Following an FUE procedure, there may not be a suitable strip of scalp left for a graph if the transplant is not satisfactory. FUE is considered outdated compared to the advanced and new technology Strand-by-Strand Ultimate.
- How long does the hair regrowth take? - In the days following your surgery, the newly transplanted hair are meant to fall out. This only so that newly grown follicles can replace the fallen hair. For some patients, you may have to repeat this surgery if your regular hair continues to thin while transplanted hair stays new.
- Any other precautions? - Like any surgery, anaesthetic will be involved along the cleansing of the area and antibiotics. No smoking or drinking before the procedure or your results may not be satisfactory.